Quinoa is considered a superfood. It is a seed that originates in the Andes, rich in proteins, and excellent for muscle recovery.
Quinoa was recognized in 1996 by FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations) as one of the crops with great future for mankind due to its benefits, different uses and, above all, for being considered a great source for mitigating malnutrition problems. Quinoa is, without a doubt, one of the most complete foods:
- It contains a high level of proteins, up to 23%.
- It also contains minerals (calcium, iron, magnesium), vitamins (C, E, B1, B2, and niacin, and phosphorus.
- It is rich in amino acids that influence brain development.
- Its fat content is rich in Omega-6.
- It is an important source of soluble and insoluble.
- Its glycemic index is very low.